Saturday 14 June 2008

Lourve!

Today Shelbs and I went to the Lourve! It was a beautiful walk there. We walked along the Siene river and got almost swindled like 7 times. These guys never give up!

The lourve!

We decided that this is something that we have to do! So we bought tickets and started to look for things that we had to see. We saw the Mona Lisa, Winged Victory, Venus de Milo, and Madonna on the Rocks. What a great place. I am sure that we could have spent more than 4 hours there, but we were getting tired of walking and decided to head back. We ate our packed lunch in the toulires outside the lourve and headed to the eiffel tower. We watched a woman painting some abstact trees and took a nap. It was so much fun! Then we decided to come back to the Aloha hostel.

We made some friends from San Francisco today. They are pretty awesome! Molly and Peter! They are backpacking too and we are planning on meeting them in Germany to hang out there. It should be exciting. Not a lot else has happened. We coouchsurfed yesterday to find some people to stay with in Madrid and maybe Barcelona. That should be a fun experience!

We have been doing a lot of art, and Shelbi is kicking my butt. She rocks! But I am trying. I think that I will probably stick with ceramics or painting.

Tomorrow we leave for Lisbon. We have a quick train ride to Irun, and have to wait 6 hours for the next train to leave, but it is a night train and we won't have to pay for a night in a hostel. We arrive in Lisbon at 9 and then we are going to explore the town and go to the beach! I am so excited! I am pretty sure that I am going to go swimming!

My foot has been bothering me a lot lately. I don't know what is wrong with it. It just hurts all the time.

Well tonight we might go out and eat with Molly and Peter, but I don't know yet. I am sure whatever we do it will be fun!

Hostels play really good music in the lobby area. Bye, Bye Miss American Pie. What a good thing to listen too while in Paris backpacking. This is a beautiful moment. I think I will cherish it.

Later days.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Hello, I was hoping you would say mom this is what you need to do to blog,so I am going on the ropes here I hope it reaches you. It sounds like you are having a great time and seeing some wonderful sights. I hope you are being wise and smart so you stay safe? I miss you so much and love hearing about your days it gives me peace. I look forward for the days to come. I love you and wish you enough!